Thursday, February 10, 2011

My poor Big Green Van



This post has nothing to do with Sumana, except that 'her' vehicle was involved. I was on my way to get Jade last night from work and hit a huge section of 8 inch deep, packed snow. I was going slower than usual, but still way to fast for what I encountered. Long story short, I did a 180, went over a steep bank, rolled over completely and landed in 4 feet of snow. Gavin was with me and, thankfully, was well restrained in his car seat.
The roof was ripped down the center and Gavin and I were covered in snow, but no broken glass. We were able to get right out of the vehicle. We got checked out at the hospital and were home by midnight. No cuts, scrapes or broken bones. Gavin seems 100%, I'm just very bruised from the seat belt. I'm so thankful for God's protection. The doctor called it a 'near death experience'. Wow. It all happened so fast, I still haven't processed that part of the event. I'll keep you posted on what happens as far as our transportation for Sumana. She doesn't have many appointments for the next couple of months, so except for my work and Jade's work and appointments, we should be ok for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Cheryl! :( So glad that you and Gavin are safe!!!! So sorry about the van!! I know how you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you were not hurt very badly!!!

    ReplyDelete