Monday, November 2, 2009

She got it!!!!

What a relief!! Sumana got her H1N1 vaccine today. I found out today that her pediatrician's office was not making a priority list for the H1N1 and that put me on the rampage. I've been told over and over that Sumana is high risk and needs to be among the first to be vaccinated. Well, she didn't qualify for the county public health program because of her restrictive lung disease (they only offered the mist for her age group) and her pediatrician's office still hadn't received the vaccine.

Thankfully, I called her pulmonary doctor's office (AGAIN!) and spoke to the right person. After being on hold for 10 minutes (??!!) I was asked to bring her in immediately. They had reserved a dose for her because she is in the high risk category. So, we hopped in the big, green van and drove to Rochester. Though I've been basking in the glow of not traveling to Rochester, I was more than happy to make the trip today. We even got child-sized face masks for her to wear to AWANA and church. That seemed to make her happy, so the rest of us are happy, too!! AND . . . Gretchen was able to get her H1N1 at the college today. Yea!! Two Holmans down, four to go!

Please continue to pray for Sumana's health. She still doesn't seem sick, just weak. I think we're going to make her walk more . . . not so much TV and coloring! We'll see what happens!

2 comments:

  1. You must be very relieved. Alicia is still sick...but is over the worst of it. She will live through it without incident. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that pulmonary came through! Hugs and Kisses (germ-free, virtual ones :) from the Bisnett bunch. :)

    ReplyDelete