Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pluggin' Along

Well, Sumana continues to do her PT exercises twice a day and breathing exercises every other hour or so. She's still getting 5-6 pages of Math done every day and today she read Good Driving, Amelia Bedelia! from start to finish. Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! (that used to take us 3-4 sittings to get done!)

She also is doing well on plain old Tylenol. She can make it 6 hours on a dose. This has really taken me by surprise! All of a sudden she's living most of her day at a '0' for pain. Yea!! Please continue to pray for health with her lungs, healing for her back and strength to return to her legs.

We are still waiting for a VEPTR surgery date. July 2nd will NOT work, so it's back to the drawing board. The other surgeon that needs to be in on the procedure has a schedule that's almost the complete opposite of Dr. Sander's. Please pray that they can find a workable date and get it on the books. I'm still more willing to wait than I was at first, but I know summer flies and it would be nice to be able to make plans. Maybe we'll hear something tomorrow. I will still call the secretary a couple times to check in. I'm sure I'm driving her crazy, but (what's the saying?) "the squeaky wheel gets the oil!"

No comments:

Post a Comment