Wednesday, May 6, 2009

She's gonna Soar!

Well, Sumana and I talked to Grampy and Grammy today (they're up in Maine). Grampy had a wonderful Bible verse and word picture to encourage Sumana. They have a resident bald eagle at their pond and when it took off, with great power and majesty, Grampy thought of Sumana. After going through these surgeries and difficult times, she will soar like an eagle. He quoted Isaiah 40:31: But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.


Sumana has been 'bumped' to the number one spot for surgery on Monday. Yee-haw! To top it off, because the Ronald McDonald house is full, they're going to put Greig, Sumana and I up at the RIT hotel and conference center. They even give a $20 voucher to use for food at the hospital. Wow! What a blessing! (Especially since we have to be AT the hospital at 6 am!) The surgery will take approximately 3 hours. Then she recovers in the PICU til Wednesday and then hopefully goes home.


I've had some people say they've have troubles accessing this blog, so I will be copying my entries to a caring bridge site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sumana Feel free to pass this along to those who 'don't do' blogs!


In closing, a friend and I will be gone at a homeschool convention for a few days in Harrisburg. So, I don't plan to blog til Saturday or Sunday. Please pray for Sumana's continued good health right up to the surgery. She wants you all to know that she is a little worried about the whole surgery. So I guess, pray for peace for our little peanut, as well. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sumana, I've been following your posts...I'm glad you have your surgery scheduled, now you can enjoy the summer. I think you are a very wise & brave girl and that this will be a piece of cake for you!!! I will be praying for you, your family and doctors, I know you are in good hands!!! I can't wait to see you after the surgery; I'm sure you'll be taller than me :0). Enjoy your night at the hotel, what a great adventure!!! Blessings, Sonia Stigler

    ReplyDelete