Thursday, July 23, 2009

Where has the week gone??!!!

I can't believe it's Thursday night already!! This has got to be one of the speediest weeks in a VERY long time. Sigh . . . . let me just sit and catch my breath (actually, I need a refill on my Rocky Road ice cream!)

OK. I'm back with a quick re-cap of the week. Andrew had an ingrown toenail removed Tuesday at 8:15 morning (too early for both of us!). Then, I found out that Social Security needed income proof for Jeffrey, so I made copies and drove them to the Geneva office. Since we were in Geneva, we had a WONDERFUL visit with Aunt Ruth. She was moved from Strong to an acute rehab center. She was dressed, hair fixed and had just eaten a lot of her lunch! It was sooo good to see her improvement in just a week or so.

When we got home that day, I had a message from Social Services about taking a 3 year old boy for a few days. (Oh, that's right . . . THAT's where my week went!!!) Within a half hour, he was at our house. That night we celebrated my Grandma Dorman's 86th birthday. We actually sang Happy Birthday FOUR times! (other July and early August family b-days!) Nee-nee and Sumana helped blow out the candles FOUR times!!!

Wednesday, Gretchen had her work physical at 8 am! (too early for ME and the three year old!) I had a Stampin'Up! workshop that evening, so between prep and the actual event, that took up about 4 hours! Thursday morning we kept up the 8 am appointment schedule with dental cleanings for the oldest 3 kids. Then, Sumana, 'Neenee' and I hurried to PT. We spent the afternoon at LeTourneau while I gave swim tests.

We've had EVEN more going on than that, but I'm tired. I'm going to bed! Tomorrow is Gretchen's road test and I'll be helping a friend with her moving sale. Meanwhile, Greig and some of the staff and volunteers from Crosswinds are in New York City for a tech-y kind of conference. I think he was glad to leave this morning, after a crazy evening with the three year old!
On the 'van front' we're still waiting to hear about Sumana's SSI. I should be able to get some sort of indication tomorrow. The Cash for Clunkers starts tomorrow, so I'm curious to see if God has a new van in our future, or if we keep the Big Green Van! We appreciate your continued prayers for God's will in this area!

No comments:

Post a Comment