Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Camp Update from Sumana Faith

Camp was fun! We sang songs. One of my favorites was called the Beaver Song. It had motions to it and it was a counting rhyme. (Beaver one, beaver all, let's all do the beaver song. Beaver two , beaver three, let's all climb the beaver tree . . . etc.!) The cool thing was, the guy that came to camp wrote songs and gave all the kids cds of his latest album. Some other songs are the Old and New Testament books and a different version of Amazing Grace and besides the Beaver Song, a song about 'I'm gonna be a bug eater someday.'

I did crafts for one of my track times. I decorated a heavy canvas bag, made a jewelry box and I colored a cross. My other track time was puppets. We used our voices for the puppets and 'hid' behind a puppet stage. The first time I did the puppet show, I used the heavy hand puppet they gave me. Then, the next day, actually I made my OWN puppet out of a sock! It was a pink sock with dog ears and dog eyes.

I made lots of new friends. I had a counselor that helped me up the hills at camp, because they're really steep. Her name was Miss Amy. Sometimes I walked with my crutches, other times she pushed me in my wheelchair. I also met two other girls. Their names were Emily and Jessica. They were counselors, too. We had two cabins in Miss Amy's group. They were FULL of girls that talked all night. I kept saying, 'good night, good night!' But they still kept talking! The girls that were in my cabin were named Paige, Amarisa and Joy.

We did worship three times a day (singing, learning about the Bible, etc.) I got to see my sister and her friend Courtney alot, because they work at camp! Every time I went by the kitchen, Courtney would remind me to 'fix your wrist'! (to make my wrists straight when I hold my crutches).

We still don't have the van that my mom told you about. Maybe tomorrow. So, camp was fun. I want to go again next year, and the year after that, and the year after that . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment