Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tube's coming out

I think it's official, though it's only 6:30 in the morning. sumana's tube is coming out this morning. In order to extubate her they're taking her off ALL her meds. UGH! It's going to be a rough morning. Please pray that Sumana can handle the pain until she can get her meds back. They are stopping all her IV drips at 7 this morning, then once the floor doctor makes his rounds we'll know for sure if they'll take it out. Yesterday, he said even if her chest x-ray wasn't better today, he would still get her off the vent. I guess the risk for pneumonia starts going up from today on.

So, I'll try to update again as soon as I can. Even though this computer is only 30-40 feet from Sumana's room, she'll probably want me close til the pain is managed again. By the way, if I have time I want to write 'An Ode to the Ronald McDonald House.' I've been so blessed to have a room for 2 whole days! I think I'm getting 'bumped' once Sumana is extubated, but that's okay with me. That means sumana is getting better!

1 comment: