Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 5



It's dad... attempting to write tonight. My heart is heavy as I think of Sumana laying in her bed hour after long hour. Today I took Sumana's sister (Gretchen) and brother (Andrew) to see her at the hospital. They let me know that it was a little eye opening to see her so helpless and confined to the bed. Sumana was so glad to hear their voices and responded to them best she could with eyes slightly open and a nod for 'yes' or 'no'. There was a little more discomfort apparent on her face as she worked through the afternoon. As you can see she is hooked up to all kinds of tubes including the new feeding tube that is going into her nose. What you are seeing on her face around her mouth is the tape to hold the ventilator in place. I thought a picture of her in her current state would help us all pray for her. I am so thankful for all the doctors and nurses and their care for Sumana. She is being WELL taken care of.
Thank you for all your prayers. Continue to pray for Cheryl and that she will be able to get enough rest. I believe she said she would be sleeping on an air mattress tonight. She has been so thankful for the Ronald McDonald House as she has already mentioned.
I guess we were hoping for a best case situation thinking that Sumana would be in the hospital for 6 or 7 days. I think at this point we just keep praying that she makes progress each day and apart from that... we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys,
    Oh sweet Sumana. This picture is heartbreaking...as I'm sure it is so difficult to see your little girl so helpless. And I know the disappointment when you don't get the "best case scenario" that you prayed for. Just know that God is doing so much healing inside her body right now. Just keep chugging...you are in the thick of it and better days will be here soon.
    Still praying...
    Meg

    ReplyDelete